Robyn MacLarty’s amazing salad recipe got the nod for recipe of the month. She is the our first SA food blogger winner with this stunning dish and post.
This recipe looks so delicious and the way she presents it on her blog ( KOEK! ) makes your mouth water.
Recommended wine: This salad will be perfectly complemented by the Arniston Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2010.
Here is Robyn’s recipe:
Chickpea and cauliflower salad with olive-anchovy dressing
1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
Half a loaf of ciabatta (sourdough/bread made with olive oil), crust removed and torn into chunks
Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
3 anchovy fillets
1 clove garlic
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup black olives, drained and finely chopped
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 handfuls rocket
1. Lightly steam the cauliflower until just cooked (but still very firm), then plunge into icy water to prevent further cooking.
2. Arrange the bread chunks on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Roast until golden.
3. In a pestle and mortar, mash the anchovy and garlic until you have a paste. Add the lemon juice, zest and a good glug olive oil, and whisk to create a dressing. Season to taste.
4. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, chickpeas, olives and dressing, and stir so everything’s nicely coated.
5. Arrange the rocket on a platter and top with the cauliflower and chickpeas. Sprinkle with the croutons, drizzle over any remaining dressing and serve.